Search This Blog

February 8, 2011

straying from what you expect to see!

  Let's start off with an inspiring and effective picture: Amethyst.

Some facts:
-I took this photo, please ask if you'd like to use it!
-It is referred to as a Spiritual Stone because its color violet is same as that of the crown chakra.
-Meditation with it helps one in reaching the spiritual aspect of the universe.
-It is used as a dream stone and to help insomnia.
-A stone traditionally worn to guard against drunkeness and to instill a sober mind.
-Calms emotions and reduces stress. It is used as a transmitter of the healing power of the universe.
Thanks to www.newagedirectory.com for the information!

I've got that piece sitting on my desk, it's really beautiful and I have future plans for it.. secrets! I realize the stone itself isn't powerful, but when given meaning and purpose it can be used in a powerful way. When I look at it, I feel an unmoving sense of love and hope.. I feel like this could be a useful tool for self-love! If a crystal could give you a hug, this is the one that would do it! Purple is definitely a color I am attracted to in life. I don't care how cheesy and new-age I sound right now!



Remember how I said I was going to post more often? Not really sure if that's true anymore. I've been so exhausted and haven't really spent a lot of time on makeup. I think blogging (about makeup alone) might have lost it's sparkle for me, FOR NOW. I know I'm the type of person that gets mega obsessed with something for a short time, then when it starts to get boring I abandon the activity.
It could also be the snowy weather.
It could also be that I'm trying to focus on other more important things.
I have a lot to work through and a lot to organize in my life so blogging is definitely on the backburner of my mind, but not forgotten.

I always have ideas for posts and I realize that I subconsciously put expectations on what a blog post is supposed to look like. Good thing I noticed that, because it is restricting and not that fun.
I just need a little inspiration... I am greatly inspired by the style this girl has going.. it's like a 60's idea of what the future looks like. I am slowly building up my wardrobe with pieces similar to these and have the intention of purchasing 1 new dress or pair of shoes per month. I don't ever really go on crazy shopping sprees, but enjoy adding a few cool things here and there =)


I am thankful for...
-I am thankful that Michael doesn't police my clothing/hair/makeup choices.
-I am thankful that I don't live under the thumb of my partner
-I am thankful to have the freedom to do almost anything I want
-I am thankful that Jonas is such a good-natured, easy child to care for
-I am thankful to have a good amount of alone time during the week
-I am thankful to have family living close by
-I am thankful for the ability to discern spirits, and to know when there is a 'wolf in sheeps clothing'
-I am thankful for the ability to decipher dreams
-I am thankful to be so in touch with my subconscious mind
-I am thankful for having lived through such a dry patch in my creativity that I am finally starting to move forward with it!
There are so many things that I am thankful for.. and after listing 10 things my mood has elevated for the day. Becoming thankful for the things in your life is basically like working magic - especially when you already believe your day will suck.

I hope everyone who has read this post has the most joy-filled and revelatory day =)

4 comments:

  1. Aww, sound as cheesy and new-age as you want, it's your blog!

    I do believe that stones have power. Especially ones that you love and wear or have around all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post, elizabeth! I feel like we're a lot alike in certain ways and I love that you are who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post! That's the beauty of having your own blog - you can post on absolutely anything you'd like. Don't feel like you should only post about makeup, or any one topic. Talk about various things that interest you, enrage you, or just what you ate for breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture of the amethyst! Just looking at it makes me breathe deeper and feel a little calmer. I adore amethyst.

    ReplyDelete