Search This Blog

September 12, 2010

Fyrinnae Shadows: Conjuror and Sleepy Hollow

Oh hello! I am going to post pictures of the makeup I wore yesterday, September 11th. I've been experimenting with Fyrinnae shadows for the past 2 weeks or so, and I've found that Conjuror is one of my favorites. It's an easy to use, not so dark/heavy color. It's a light mauve with light teal sheen. it's weird though, it sometimes looks green, or purple, or brown.. so the description actually changes in different lights/angles. (<< i like it when people mis-spell angles like, 'angels' hehe)

A goal of mine with this blog, is to post more accurate photos of eyeshadows, etc. than you will find on the websites. Sometimes it's quite frustrating to be looking at a makeup website... a company that sells colors for you to use on your face, and the photos SUCK ASS. They are really tiny, or blurry, or totally inaccurate and like, the lowest quality ever. I want to change that. but since I'm a newb, it'll prob take me a while to get a hang of taking really good pics and to learn HMTL =)If you come across this blog, feel freeeee to tell me what you like, or don't like about the way I post, but please don't be a douche about it. Help me help you haha. Also, I'm tellin' ya right now, I DO utilize Photoshop to Adjust the contrast so the actual color shows up in a more accurate way, I also will blur out any xtreme! blemishes to avoid distracting from the point of the photo - the COLOR.

With most Fyrinnae shadows, you're supposed to pat or blot them on, rather than blending.. since blending can actually ruin some of the colors =( but there seem to be a few that can be gently blended. Conjuror is one of those, and I feel like I'll be finding more of the easy-to-blend colors to show you.

  • Products used:
  • - Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • - Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
  • - Too Faced LavaGloss Black Eyeliner (the BEST)
  • -  Fyrinnae Conjuror - all over color
  • - Fyrinnae Sleepy Hollow - used as blue liner



car pic! subtle colors.


Sleepy Hollow used as liner of Pixie Epoxy, again, I was going for a subtle look.

Conjuror, it looks brownish here, but you can totally see the green sheen!

3 comments:

  1. Oh nice! Very soft and elegant. Me likey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen loads of swatches of Conjuror this week, I must have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously, it's one of the best! it's subtle enough to wear alone if you're in a hurry, or to pile on to get a dramatic effect =)

    ReplyDelete